In reference to the appointment of an Apostolic Commissioner for the Sodalitium, we communicate the following:
- This Wednesday, January 10th, we received the news of the appointment that the Holy See has made of Msgr. Noel Antonio Londoño Buitrago, C.Ss.R., Bishop of Jericó in the department of Antioquia (Colombia) as Apostolic Commissioner of our Society.
- As Apostolic Commissioner, Msgr. Londoño will be able to intervene directly in the government of our Society, also in economic questions and other matters of the usual Sodalitium march.
- Cardinal Joseph Tobin will continue to exercise the function of Delegate ad nutum of the Congregation. As we have done so far with Cardinal Joseph Tobin since his appointment as Delegate for Sodalitium in May 2016, we will collaborate in everything with Msgr. Londoño so that he can carry out his duties as provided by the Holy See.
- We thank Pope Francis and the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Sodalitium Christianae Vitae for following the life of our community with concern, and we reiterate our willingness to welcome everything they have for the best progress of our Society. We reaffirm once again our absolute obedience to the Holy Father and Holy Mother Church.
- The statement from the Holy See can be accessed at the following link:
Lima, January 10th, 2018